Sunday, July 17, 2005

My Weekend


Last weekend, I was so glad to finally get a "break" from work (actually, EVERY weekend pala yun!) My friend, shai called me at 8AM and told me she's surprised that i wasn't in line. I asked her, "In line for what?" and she didn't say anything. Then it hit me!! Book 6 was out! daym! i got worried and restless since i didn't have a reservation. I also called up watson and texted some avid fans of HP to check if they had theirs already. GRRR! When i got to the office at 8:30, fisherpau had hers already. then nick came at around 11am and showed me a bag of natio with something inside. (hmm, anu kaya yun) So i finally went to national glorieta to get my copy. I think they had enough stocks for everyone even if there were like 4 of us in line buying the same book. i also noticed that they had to refill the shelves every 5 minutes. The book's thiner than book 5 and costs PhP 1,499.00. I got a 10% discount that day. . dunno if they still do this week...
The next day, it was my turn to be a Teacher Dessa again at sunday school so i told them the story of Gideon and how he obeyed God when he destroyed the statue of Balaam. nways, there wasn't any outrageous hirits but then as usual, it was crazy!!! hehe... and fun at the same time though. we did some coloring and fingerprints. after the worship service and my class, noel texted and told me to meet him and his cousins in town since they wanted me to with them to EK (or maybe it was his tita who wanted me to come so i can babysit his younger cousins) either way, i'm still glad i came. EK was closing for the season and only a few people were there. This was definitely an advantage since we got to go on almost all the rides (except for the space shuttle - pwede ko shang ikamatay) even thrice on each one! =) None of us brought a phone or camera coz we might lose it during the ride. It was drizzling a bit but it was ok. Here are my comments on EK on it's 10th year:
-maybe i should wait another 10 years 'til i ride that roller coaster
-their war games thingamajig had surots on their protective gear (boo got all these red spots all over)
-the rio grande is the best but then they should consider changing the water
-log jam still gives me a heart attack on the last dip
however, i'm glad there's a cool theme park like EK here in the philippines. kahit papano, it's something different from all the other parks we had here in the past.
/
rio grande

13 comments:

The Accidental Reviewer said...

hmmm... maybe I should go to EK one of these days... never had the urge to go :)

master CHU said...

Enchanment Kingdom?

FollenKollen said...

i love EK especially when its raining...remember last year dessagirl? around 7pm, the acct peeps and I just finished the ferris-wheel ride when suddenly the electricity went out...hahahahaha...buti nalang we didn't get stuck on that ride... :)

dessa girl said...

cherry: you should! it's fun to go with your barkada!

masterchu: correct!

fisherpau: yeah, nung sunday lang ako nakabalik after our trip last year. that was real fun too! dun ako first time nag-billiards. ehehehe

naomi said...

how was the book? was it worth the wait?:D

Aileen said...

alam mo natakot ako maglagay ng comment dito... kasi baka pinaguusapan ninyo na yung book dito eh. anyways im gonna borrow it from ate abbie pa when she's done. ang masasabi ko lang at this point, i wish hindi magkatutoo ang mga hinalas ko about the half-blood prince. sana isurprise ako ni rowling.

dessa girl said...

naomz and aileen: i have the book but i only got 2 chances of reading it ever since i got it: last saturday, and last night. so chapter 6 palang ako coz i'm too tired.. nways, i am so sad and mad because someone told me what happened na. ay nakuuuuuu talga. wala na tuloy ako gana magbasa ng buk. bahala na si batman. grrrrr!

naomi said...

aaaai! ako ba yun? hindi naman siguro?

dessa girl said...

no, my dear... hindi po ikaw yun. dont worry. kainis talga!

Princess Em said...

EK? the last time i was there 7 yrs ago pa ata...sigh.. ano na ba itsura nun? I always visit my sister in sta. rosa which is just across EK but never dared to see it.. treat mo ko dessagirl..hehehe

dessa girl said...

treat?!!! ikaw kaya ang mag treat jan no! you millionaire!

naomi said...

whew!:D

Princess Em said...

me millionare??? oh yes i am with friends... ;)

kelan mo ko treat EK? o sige for fun lang, punta tayo one saturday dun with fisherpau and the rest of the gang..

Dessagirl is connected to:

Started counting last April 13, 2007:

GoStats web counter
GoStats web counter goofy gethtml

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me!!!" ---AMEN.