Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Hemangioma

when i was in sophomore high, i noticed i had a small dot in my left breast. during the annual thingamajig in the school clinic, i'd show the doctor my tiny dot and they would say it' s nothing. birthmark pa nga daw. after college, it grew a bit and was more formed. when i had it checked lasta 2003, it was diagnosed as a HEMANGIOMA. anu ito? malay. havnt read any stuff about it but my surgeon said it's a clump of blood vessels. it's just unusual it was where it was. but no worries. i dont have to get it removed.

during my annual physical chuvanels last month, i insisted to have it checked. just in case. the rapid growth of girls i know who have breast cancer has made me more cautious. when i returned to the same surgeon, she said it was still a hemangioma. but bigger. and uglier. so i asked her calmly if i can have it removed asap. she said, ok. (it was monday then). so pwede ka sa friday? i was a bit shocked na ganun kabilis kasi last time i was operated is when the
monkey scratched my head. and i was, what? 2 or 3? after a few minutes of trying to keep my poise. i shouted: DOC!!!! MASAKIT BA??? GISING BA AKO??? waaaaaa! she said yung injection daw dun mismo would hurt. out patient lang ako.

so here i am, my wound still a bit open.. ew.. ayaw ko yung paghiwa sakin. bakobako and nangingitim. i need sebodemacho asap. so for now, no hiphop and belly dancing class for me. tsk..

i would like to thank the following:

the LORD.. for making my bukol benign


noel: for waiting for 5 hours with me before i could actually be operated. grabe, the day i was scheduled for surgery was hell coz the OR was so full. he was the one who brought me to the hospital and carried my bag after.. first time ito!!!!! hehe... i dont like guys carrying my purse for me.

my opis: for paying for everything

jacky: my best friend nung high school who is now an intern in mmc. she was with me when they took out my stitches and helped me fill out my philhealth form.. mwah!

and all those who prayed for me...

gusto ko sana magpapicture habang inooperahan ako kaya lang baka sampalin ako ng doctor eh.. mwehehehe...

6 comments:

naomi said...

gazh! thank God you're safe!

Aileen said...

kakaloka ang episode mo. buti na lang medyo benign din ang procedure that you underwent. you should be healing now, with less chance of developing something really scary in the future.

hmmm. kinda scared tuloy ako. my mom kasi had breast cancer. i know i should by having things checked but... surprise, surprise, when it comes to THAT part of the body... takot ako sa doktor!!! hahaha. natawa ako sa sarili ko.

Nick Ballesteros said...

Waaahh. nalaman ko na nga lang din dito sa opis na nagpa-operate ka when I was looking for you and you were absent.

I thought nagpa breast transplant ka na. bwahuhuhuhu

dessa girl said...

naomi: thanks ha!

aileen: truly. oi, you should have that check, ok? look for a female doc so mas comfy.nung may pumasok na guy sa OR gusto ko hampasin at sabunutan kaya lang, nakatali ako eh.

watson: hindi ko na inannounce na nagpabawas ako ng boobies. baka ma-intriga pa ang lowla mow

The Accidental Reviewer said...

thank goodness you're ok.
so... technically retokado ka na?

dessa girl said...

korek.. dapat nagpadagdag nako! hehe...

Dessagirl is connected to:

Started counting last April 13, 2007:

GoStats web counter
GoStats web counter goofy gethtml

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me!!!" ---AMEN.